On Wednesday October 19, 2022 Apex Clean Energy held community information session for residents, neighboring property owners, and other stakeholders regarding the Azalia Solar project. The event featured an open house period where attendees could review and provide feedback on the preliminary project layout and ask questions one-on-one.
The event also included live presentations by members of the project team and experts in solar project design, construction, planning and zoning, and environmental considerations.
Speakers at the event included (click here for copy of program with speaker bios):
- Colin Kummerfeldt – Project Developer, Apex Clean Energy (Project Overview)
- Brian O'Shea – Director of Public Engagement, Apex Clean Energy (Solar & Community Benefits)
- Marissa Calderin – Solar Design Associate, Apex Clean Energy (Solar Energy Design and Technology)
- Dylan Fraser – Solar Project Manager, Apex Clean Energy (Construction)
- Andrew R. Lines – Principal, Cohn-Reznick (Property Values)
- Bonnie Ott – Planning Commission Chair, Shiawassee County (Planning for Solar Energy)
- Carol Guy-Stapleton – Environmental Permitting Manager, Apex Clean Energy (Environment, Plantings, and Wildlife)