Apex Clean Energy is excited to partner with DTE energy for a special tour of their Lapeer Solar Farm. The approximately 50 MW Lapeer Solar Farm was the largest solar park in Michigan and one of the largest east of the Mississippi River when it began operating in May 2017. The solar park contains 200,000 solar panels, covers 250 acres and generates enough clean energy to power 11,000 homes.
As one of the state’s largest solar farms, the Lapeer Solar Farm provides insight into how solar projects can be responsibly designed, constructed, and operated to benefit Michigan communities. The solar project is in close proximity to residential areas and has been operating smoothly for five years. We invite Milan area residents and stakeholders to experience a nearby solar farm themselves. We are looking forward to an educational day and an opportunity to answer questions.
Space is limited, but we expect to be able to accommodate about 50 attendees. RSVPs are required.
- 10:00 a.m. Coffee, light Breakfast, Azalia Solar office (1 W Main St, Ste 2 Milan, MI 48160)
- 10:30 a.m. Board bus. Bus departs for Lapeer Solar Farm
- 12:00 p.m. Arrive at Lapeer Solar Farm
- 12:00 – 1:30 p.m. Tour Lapeer Solar Farm
- 1:30–2:00 p.m. Return to Milan, MI
- 3:00–3:30 p.m. Arrive back at Azalia Solar office
- May 24, 2022 at 10:00am – 3:30pm
- Lapeer Solar Farm
- 13 people are going